Michelle Dobyne may have just given the best interview of 2016 after her apartment building caught on fire, sending residents fleeing into the streets. As she told reporters:
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
“Aw, man, the building is on fire,” Dobyne said. “I said ‘no, what?’ I got my three kids and we bounced out. Nuh-uh, we ain’t gon be in no fire. Not today.”
Property manager David Bryan said Dobyne’s gregarious nature is pretty typical for the community: They’re already all taking care of each other.”
The complex will not have power for several days so the local Red Cross opened a shelter at a nearby church.
Bryan said there will be armed security guards on the property until the power comes back on and residents return home.